My dogs

My dogs
All together in spirit: Back row L-R Gemma, Maddi, Bruno, Kizzy, Charlie and on front row L-R, TJ, Tommy, Sami, Lotte and Bliss. Maddi is the only one who knew all of the others.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My best Christmas present

Today I had the best Christmas present I could ever have wished for Charlie.

I haven't posted for a while as since the end of August Charlie has been battling to be here. After a series of tests and 9 days of hospitalisation when we almost lost her, she was diagnosed with Cushing's disease, pancreatitis, kidney disease, hypertension and hypovolemia.
 Almost 4 months later, the main issues at this stage are kidney disease is the major issue with hypovolemia and hypertension mixed in. So, you can imagine my joy when this morning, she picked up a squeaky toy and brought it to me to play with it. I know Charlie cannot "get better" as such, but with the wonderful care of our vet Adam and the team of nurses at Calder vets Charlie is doing ok.
I haven't stopped smiling today - she truly is the best present I could have wished for.

Tim bought me a new camcorder to record her and of course Lotte who at 7 months old is now bigger than Charlie.

Will post more very soon.

Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas

No comments: