My dogs

My dogs
All together in spirit: Back row L-R Gemma, Maddi, Bruno, Kizzy, Charlie and on front row L-R, TJ, Tommy, Sami, Lotte and Bliss. Maddi is the only one who knew all of the others.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Proof Maddi sent Lotte

Well if I needed proof that my guardian angels Maddi and TJ were watching over me, I got it this week.
We have had intermittent problems with moles in our garden, arriving from the cemetery next door and wrecking our lawn. Maddi loved mole-ing. She never actually caught one, but even when she was disabled, she would stand over a molehill for ages waiting for it to move (in her later life I was stood next to her holding her harness - great in my nighty, the middle of winter !!). She would then scrape at the soil and lay down, shoving her nose in it. Always ended up with a mucky nose.
Today, Lotte has done exactly the same - loved it she did.

So, you may think that any dog would do this and yes, some would. However, Lotte has also done something else that only Maddi ever did and at exactly the same place - in the kitchen, scraping at the same cupboard door Maddi scraped at and tried to chew the round handle. So, I say - maybe because I want to believe this - that Maddi has sent her and told her what her favourite places were to scratch, scrape and dig.

Oh and Lotte also loves to leap everywhere - takes off on all fours, ears flapping, just like TJ did at a similar age. Lovely !

No comments: